Do you know? Guitar amplifiers and speakers are 50% responsible for the tone of the guitar. So basically, the guitar cabinet is a wooden box, in which the speakers are mounted. Now let us break this down for you. Many newbies don’t brainstorm or don’t do the proper research while buying the cabinet. But, a cabinet speaker plays a vital role in playing the guitar efficiently.
There are many brands in the market right now, but Marshall is one of the pioneer brands when it comes to making and designing speakers and cabinets. We have curated a list of Best Marshall cabinets for you. In this list, you will find some handpicked speaker cabinets from Marshall. You can pick a cabinet according to your need and soon will be among those guitar players who aces in every field.
Best Marshall Cabinet
1. Marshall Code 50
This 50-watt Digital Combo Amp is a sturdy speaker cabinet from the Code series. As the name suggests, the power input offered by this product is 50-watt. It has 1×12 Marshall speakers with 3-band EQ gain, Volume, Pre FX, Amp, Mod, Delay, Reverb, etc. It combines authentic Marshall’s design with modern and professional-quality effects.
- This cabinet comes with code preamps, power amps, speaker cabinet models, etc. They are developed with collaboration with Marshall’s soft tube technology.
- It is fully programmable. If you want more control, then you can also purchase a programmable foot controller to assign up to 30 presets or control panel functions.
- It can provide you with a personalized sounding environment by also offering a slot to plug your favourite headphones.
- This cabinet can be connected via Bluetooth. Not only that, but connection via USB is also available.
- You can also control the Code with the app gateway. Because of the connection ports and gateway, you can use Code 50 with your DAW while producing music.
- Code 50 watt Cabinet has 14 MST (Marshall’s Soft Tube) Preamps, 4 MST power amps, and 8 MST Speakers cabinet.
- One of the best features this cabinet offers is the enormous effects and FXs. There are 24 Effects in total.
- Compressor, Stompbox distortion, Phaser, Flanger, Delays are some of the FXs. It also has a small but very useful feature like tap tempo.
- 1×12″ Digital Combo Amp features tubes for power amps Like EL34, 6L6, 5881, EL 84. The Code comes in with 30 inbuilt presets.
- The transformer can be noisy, and a few people have faced some issues regarding whine, hum, etc. on the speaker due to this component.
- The volume doesn’t seem to increase as linearly as one would expect on particular presets. However, not all presets have this issue.
2. Marshall Amps Code 25 Amplifier
Marshall Amp Code 25 is one of those rare products, which is a combination of art and technology. It’s like Marshall’s legacy has been ideally passed on to the code 25 cabinet. This cabinet checks all the essential boxes. It is a digital combo that comes with 25-watt and 1×10 inches. The weight is around 7.34 pounds (5 kgs) that makes it a complete all-arounder.
- It comes with 14 Marshall’s Soft Tube modeling preamps. Along with these preamps, it has 4 MST power amps and 8 MST speakers cabinet.
- The cabinet offers 24 FX Models and 100 Presets. Enjoy the authentic modeling of Marshall tones with pro-quality FX.
- One of the main things is that it has the capability to connect via Bluetooth. You can also connect it via USB and use it as monitor speakers.
- Code 25 can stream music as well. Connect this product with a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation), and you will have a workstation speaker.
- You can easily connect the amplifier with iOS or Android. Convenient features like these and its intuitive layout make this product easy to use.
- It also comes with a Marshall’s software gateway. It helps you to control it with a smartphone and don’t have to bend down to reach the knobs.
- PEDL-91009 footswitch sold separately. It doesn’t include in the Marshall Amps Code 25 Amplifier kit.
- Some people said that it took them several days to finally adjust the setting of some presets to get a decent tone. You have to be patient.
3. Marshall Amps Guitar Combo (M-MG10G-U)
These series of amps from Marshall look simple, but it has a lot of features and functional capabilities that help players a lot. Marshall Amps Guitar Combo is able to deliver a broad range of classic and modern tones. There are so many other features that make it one of the best Marshall cabinets out there.
- It has clean and overdrive channels. You just have to line in for jamming along with tracks that are an important thing for a beginner’s point of view.
- It comes with Gain Channel Contour Control that gives you full control over the shape and form of the gain frequency. That’s pretty cool!
- It has an emulated headphone output. So, your beautiful jamming sessions with this particular cabinet will be outstanding for sure.
- M-MG10G-U has a golden metal finish to it along with the classic black body. So, it not only sounds good but also looks good. Its classic Marshall logo is the cherry on top.
- It has 10 watts, but it is like a high-quality 24-watt amp. Just FYI, it is labeled 120v and 60 Hz. It is famous for its excellent quality and pure sound.
- It’s great for Blues, because of its natural tones and pleasant. To find a great Marshall cabinet in this amount is quite tricky. Order it today!
- Sometimes it is unnecessary hiss even when the volume knob is at zero.
- One of the users received the amp with a big hole on the back.
4. Marshall Amplifier Speaker (MG15GR)
Marshall MG15GR speaker cabinet is loaded with a pure Marshall tone. You can also have choices like Clean and Overdrive channels with this amplifier. If we move to the designs from the sound, then also this product doesn’t fail to mesmerize us. It comes with a robust revolutionary design that suits any studio, home, or even sophisticated offices. It looks classy.
- It is a 2-channel and 1×8 inch guitar combo that has the input of 15-watt and weight of 18.17 pounds. It is a part of Marshall’s MG Gold series.
- The MG15GR is loud enough to rattle the windows of your room while you jam like a pro! Its clean and overdrive channels can be shaped with the 3-Band EQ.
- It has a line input support that is great for the musicians to use headphones for a more personalized feel.
- The looks-wise, MG15GR looks pretty premium. With the Golden border and black rubbery finish, it just seems a well-dressed guy, ready to attend a wedding!
- It also offers an integrated digital spring reverb effect. Best of all, each channel’s settings are storable and recallable.
- Its revolutionary solid-state design works best for a tube amp’s tone and response. The MG15GR is one of the best sounding practice amps.
- There are many other cabinets available in the market that can offer better features just by paying a little extra.
- You may have to use an adapter to match the size of your headphones. So, check the size of the port before investing in MG15GR Marshall Amplifier Speaker.
5. Marshall Amps Guitar Combo Amplifier (M-DSL20CR-U)
Last but not least, on our list of Best Marshall Cabinets, we are reviewing Guitar Cabinet MDSL20Cr-U. It is the successor of the DSL series. The new DSL Amps has Marshall tones and all the other features as well as functionality for the novice. It can perform on the bigger stage like a live concert. Here is the list of features it offers.
- It features Marshall Soft Tube technology. It has Gain and volume control per channel and dedicated resonance control.
- It comes with control over reverb and EQ. You can enjoy your jamming sessions with high and low power settings.
- The set includes Celestion seventy-80 speakers. The size of the speaker is around 12 inches. The overall product dimensions are 12.9 x 23 x 21.9 inches approx.
- It has an auxiliary output jack on the back panel, which can be used for Headphones. It is a no labeled/dedicated jack but works excellent.
- The tone is perfectly balanced, and it makes the sound so pleasant to listen to! The high ends are aggressive, and the low ends are clearer.
- It has 3 ECC83 and 2 EL34 Valves. The Mains Input is of 230V – 50Hz with the 100-Watts Fuse.
- Marshall M-DSL20CR-U weighs around 35.9 pounds that are quite heavy. However, you can carry it abroad along with the proper power converter as a precaution.
- This device does not provide master volume control. Also, this model does not give any built-in Chorus, Phasor, and other built-in effects or memory presets.
The Bottom Line
To sum up, we would like to say that Cabinets and Amps are vital and integral components while learning how to play or at the time of your big audition. Marshall is a well-known brand and has considerable experience in making speakers and amps. This list of Best Marshall Cabinets featured some of the top products, among which, Marshall Code 50 is our favorite.
However, you can pick any one of these depending on your needs. All of the reviewed cabinets carry and continue the legacy of the brand. If you have any other doubts while choosing the best Marshall cabinet, feel free to ask us in the comment section below.
Happy Jamming. 🙂