If you are into music production like me, then you surely know the importance of EQ. But if you are a newbie, let me tell you that you can easily adjust the volume levels of the sound and manage the frequencies with EQ. It is a kind of filter that allows you to range the frequencies while producing music. So in this article, I have researched a lot on the best equalizers for the 500 series. As per my findings and after running several tests, below are the top 5 products for the best 500 series EQ.
Best 500 Series EQ
1. API 550B Discrete EQ
There are two variants of the API500; one that is featured here is the 550B series with EQ design. The API ‘s 550b is unlike any other product that you will ever use. It is designed using the blueprint of the original API archives. It is made artfully that blends past and present together and has stored every necessary feature for the modern-day.
- It has four bands for sounding equalization.
- It has seven API bands that offer various frequency centres.
- It has repeatable and reciprocal filtering.
- It has a 12dB cut per band.
- It also features EQ band 1 with shelf switching at EQ band 4.
- It has a proportional Q filter for Q extremes.
- It is a traditional API with a fully discrete design of a circuit.
- It has a high headroom with a 30+dB level.
- It provides the exact right number of controls to your music.
- It solves two issues, solves the problems and sweetens the device.
It is a great EQ for the small scale. This one is soft yet powerful, and anyone who understands the API will very well understand the features of 550b. Using it is very easy though the potentiometer is a bit tough. Overall it is a high-quality product, and you should try this.
2. Wes Adio Hyperion 500 Series Para EQ
Here comes our fully analogue parametric EQ that has +24dBu of headroom. The Hyperion is the series of the brand Wes Audio. It features improved music with the best processor in the market. With its innovative design and look, one can easily make out how functional this product is. With this, you can experience a noiseless parameter change. Let’s find out the key features of this product.
- It has a very innovative hardware circuit that is a fully analogue device.
- It has a design that utilizes 18 VCAs for each channel.
- It is a 4band EQ along with a switchable gain range up to 15dB.
- It can work in 3 various modes that make it ideal for multiple applications.
- It has a high pass filter with 12dB slopes.
- It has its own bypass switch that makes it easy for each band to feature.
- It has THD that can add colour to your mixes and give a very beautiful analogue colour.
- It has a very flexible draw which is very easy to control during installation.
Yes, you should definitely give it a try. This parametric equaliser with digital recall function. So, all in all, it is an incredible 500 module format that has grabbed the attention of a larger mass. Garb your EQ now, because this one is a great one.
3. Maag Adio EQ 500 Series
The EQ4’s by Maag Audio is in an eye-catching blue faceplate that is filled with colourful knobs. You can easily spot this one in many studios as it provides exquisite sound. With five selected EQ points up to 5dB of boosts and ranging from the subs, it will blow your mind. Not only this but also here you get the trademark of the “Air” band which means now you can go up to 40kHz. This will give you a very smooth high-end boost to your music.
- It is one channel 6 band EQ that has an AIR band.
- It has a shelf boost from 2.5 to 40khz.
- It is compatible with API 500 and 500VPR.
- It provides you transparency while working with it.
- It will also provide the top end presence and maintain the authentic sound during the mix.
- It can also be adjusted with the minimal phase shift and control the settings.
Definitely, this is a wise choice if you’re quite bored of the regular “vintage” stuff and want something very fresh, lively yet sonically superb. So give this a try and let me know if you liked it or not.
4. Great River Electronics 32EQ 500 Series
The 32EQ is a new 500-series version from Great River Eelctronics. It is one of the filtered series from Harrison 32 consoles. It incorporates the exact specification along with the support of original designers. This new design is all about coping with new trends, new techniques and exploring the world of music more. So let’s read more to find out the key features of the product.
- It gives you the full frequency control from low, low-mid, hi EQ, and till gains.
- It has low and high peaking switches also.
- It has a quick in/out switch.
- It is very well known for its low and high-pass filters.
- The filters have sweepable frequencies to improve the quality.
- Not only that, but the filter too has a manual in/out switch.
- It comes with an internal jumper for the selection of vintage designs and other options.
- It has a single channel production of 4 bands.
Again a good product with amazing features. If you are new to making music, then you can start with this as it is a complete parametric equalizer. Also, it has a very classic look that matches the vibe with both vintage and modern thoughts.
5. Lindell Audio 500 Series Preamp and EQ
Last in the list, we have Lindell Audio which is one of the best if you are running low on budget. It is even more accessible at such a reasonable price. This single-slot module based equalizer is a must-have product. This one has a push-pull technique that many musicians crave for. Lindell also provides three frequency options that can deliver a 10dBs boost. So now what are you waiting for? Let’s understand the key features of this product.
- It is a one-channel transformer inspired equalizer.
- It has a very discrete design reflecting the hybrid amplifier.
- It has a very magical pultec design overall that creates a large impact.
- It has a 15db boost with the creamiest high end.
- You will hear the highest notes with this EQ.
- It also provides you with the most impactful low ends that you need for this 21st century.
You should try this; it is one of the most affordable ranges of products from the list, yet it is a very high quality build. Also, it serves the purpose of adjusting the frequency level of the volume in one sound. So thumbs up to this one too.
Which is the best 500 series EQ?
As you have read the article till now, it is very obvious that you might have chosen the perfect fitted product for yourself. Still, if you want my opinion, then API 550B Discrete EQ is the best of all. Best quality, sturdy design and marvellous results, so now go get yours. Other than that, you can completely trust the rest of the products and invest in them too.